2008R2 hangs-up while reading hard drive (AHCI)
Greetings,I recently moved my system to the Windows Server 2008R2. And one problem appeared: pereodically (roughly once in 10 minutes) windows hangs-up while reading some files from hard drive (it attached to MSI 790FX-GD70's south bridge in AHCI mode). On my old system (Windows Vista) or in the IDE emulation mode there wasn't such problems.I acidentally found hotfix 976418, but it changed nothing.Can I do something to make Windows work normally with my drives?..Best regards...
January 31st, 2010 11:32pm

What is the type and model of your drive, and also the manufacturer,and what does the Event Log say?Certifications: MCSA 2003|MCSE 2003|MCTS|
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 1st, 2010 12:23am

Hi, Why did you think the issue is related to AHCI? How did you move the system? Did you have a fresh install? Have you changed the mode from AHCI to IDE in the BIOS to see whether you the same issue? Best Regards, Vincent Hu
February 1st, 2010 9:04am

Sorry for the long pause -- I have some problems with my provider. I have two drives: one SAMSUNG HE103UJ and one WDC WD10EADS-00L5B1. It was fresh install. If I'm changing (in BIOS) mode to the IDE emulation -- no hang-ups present.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 10th, 2010 2:19pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics