2008R2 & 2003 DC - Company Acquired

Hi,

what's the correct step i should follow? Please guide me.

I having a existing DC 2008R2 Domain : abc.com

my company recently just acquired another company which has users on another DC 2003 Domain : xyz.com

How can the DC2003 xyz.com function as another DC on the same subnet network.

Both having DHCP roles.

Please advice.

Thanks!

September 14th, 2015 10:54am

Hi

You could configure forest trust between these 2 forest.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc816810(v=ws.10).aspx?f=255&mspperror=-2147217396

ALso if you need to migrate one domain to other,you can use ADMT

Check for ADMT

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc974332(v=ws.10).aspx

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 14th, 2015 1:29pm

Hello,

you will run into trouble with 2 DHCP servers on the same physical network for 2 different domains.

A DHCP client will broadcast for an ip address and the DHCP Server answering first will mostly be the one the client will choose to get an ip address. But by default you can NOT state anywhere that the DHCP server only offers a lease to domain A and NOT for domain B.

In your case one DHCP server must be removed and on one domain you have to work complete with fixed ip settings to prevent clients getting the wrong DNS server to reach the correct DC for authentication.

I assume you will merge the forests asap to get rid of one of the domains? Then ADMT is the, free from Microsoft, way to do this.

September 14th, 2015 3:18pm

Hello,

you will run into trouble with 2 DHCP servers on the same physical network for 2 different domains.

A DHCP client will broadcast for an ip address and the DHCP Server answering first will mostly be the one the client will choose to get an ip address. But by default you can NOT state anywhere that the DHCP server only offers a lease to domain A and NOT for domain B.

In your case one DHCP server must be removed and on one domain you have to work complete with fixed ip settings to prevent clients getting the wrong DNS server to reach the correct DC for authentication.

I assume you will merge the forests asap to get rid of one of the domains? Then ADMT is the, free from Microsoft, way to do

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 14th, 2015 8:40pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics