2003 enterprise edition server
I am getting this message : Windows was unable to save all the data for the file C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\f098b05c9bf17b685651b977d0132827\backup\sp2gfe\shell32.dll. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure in your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this data elsewhere. I my server freezes at the login screen and this error keeps popping up about every 2 minutes multiple times...any ideas?
April 9th, 2009 9:46pm

hi there,this problem is typically a windows update issue, please check if windows update is trying to install a update and stop the update process to check if you get rid of the issue.many a times administrators get the error when windows update service tries to save a update to the above mentoioned location.sainath Windows Driver Development
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 10th, 2009 9:56am

Hi If the issue persists, you can rename the SoftwareDistribution folder to test the result: 1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window. Net stop WuAuServ 2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter. 3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold. 4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window. Net start WuAuServ Hope it helps. Tim Quan - MSFT
April 13th, 2009 6:26am

My problem is I can't get to any solutions because my server keeps displaying over and over again Windows-Delayed Write Failed and when I do manage to get the desktop up if you click on anything the server takes an hour to even allow the task manager to come up.My company is starting to loose their since of humor about this as we have been unable to use this server since last wednesday...Signed, In Hot water!!
April 13th, 2009 8:55pm

Aslo entering at command line Net stop WuAuServ....gets the result of The Automatic Updates service is stopping.......................then The Automatic Udates Service cannot be stopped????
April 13th, 2009 10:02pm

Hi, It seems that your domain controller is messed up and quite a lot of issues exist on it. I suggest formatting a full virus scan. If the issue persists, I suggest replacing this domain controller with a new one. The steps may be complicated and time-consuming. However, in this way, all the current and potential problems can be cleaned up. After that, we will get a stable domain controller. If it is the single domain controller in your domain? If so, please refer to the following article to replace it: How to replace single domain controller in domain with a single domain controller? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555549 If you have other domain controllers in your domain, you can demote the problematic domain controller first, format the drive and then reinstall the domain controller. For more information about how to demote and reinstall a domain controller, please refer to the following articles: Demote a domain controller http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc740017.aspx Create an additional domain controller http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc781792.aspx Hope it helps. Tim Quan - MSFT
April 14th, 2009 10:53am

hi there,Tim is correct as per the behavior, please make sure that a) you have complete system scan delayed write error occurs when your file is unable to copy / write to disk completely b) another aciton plan would be msconfig and disable all 3rd party services and testsainath Windows Driver Development
April 14th, 2009 3:20pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics