10-30 miliseconds delays in the WSASend
Hi! There is a latency-critical application created on the basis of IOCP. The client sends TCP requests (~200 bytes) over the Internet with the frequency 10-1000 ms. The working time of WSASend is 15-25 microseconds 75% of cases. If we send the several packets in a row, then they will be sent through WireShark in 40-80 mcs. But in 25% of cases the delay is 10000 (and sometimes less - 20000-30000) microseconds (this is QueryPerfomanceCounter measurements) in WSASend. Ive done the following versions: Nagle algorithm (TCP_NO_DELAY), SND_BUF by default and 1-10 kb. There is a missing of such problems in case of local network. The strangest thing why these delays are multiple of 10 or 20 or 30 ms?
February 28th, 2012 7:47am

Please ! ))
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 29th, 2012 4:31am

Hi, Thank you for your question. I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience. Thank you for your understanding and support. Best Regards, AidenAiden Cao TechNet Community Support
February 29th, 2012 10:08pm

Hi, Let me do some research on it and reply you. Thanks. Best Regards Scott Xie
March 9th, 2012 1:35am

Thanks!
March 11th, 2012 12:49am

Hi, If I understand clearly. In 75% of cases, the WSASend doesn't have delay. However, in the remaining 25% of cases, it has 10 or 20 or 30 seconds delay. Could you please show us some screenshot about how you found these delay? If you could provide the wireshark trace. That would be great. Best Regards Scott Xie
March 13th, 2012 5:08am

I found this delay with QueryPerfomanceCounter, pseudocode: QueryPerfomanceCounter(t1); WsaSend(...); QueryPerfonaceCounter(t2); I checked this with wireshark. Wireshark logs are not aviable, sorry.
March 14th, 2012 5:08am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics