0x8007046a - Not enough server storage is available to process this command -  Windows Server 2012 R2

Hello forum members!

At a client we have a Windows 2003 server which will be removed soon but is currently still in use as a file server. Their new server, Windows Server 2012 R2, will be used as a File / Printserver also. 

On the old server there is about 160GB data which has te be copied to the new Windows 2012 server.
We have tried this with xcopy, robocopy and total commander and with every try abount 150-155GB is copied.
Some files (from 10MB to 1,5GB) won't copy and with each try other files are copied and different files fail to copy.

We receive the error mentioned in the title an with some help of the other search engine (not Bing :-) ) i have entered the IRPStackSize in the registry (of the 2012 server) (up to the max decimal size of 50) but that didn't help.  (after that i have restarted the server and the server service)

On the Windows 2003 server the IRPStackSize was already set on 50 (decimal).

The read only attribute isn't set and there is more than enough space on the server (1,5TB of free space).

Does anyone other ideas?? 

August 20th, 2015 3:13am

Hi,

Above all, if available please test to re-format the target disk before any step performed. 

Now please run Robocopy again - some files will not be copied but I would like to know the exact files which are failed to be copied.

When the first Robocopy finished, run a second one with /L, /log:file and /r:1 to only output a list of failed files.

Then please test to:

1. Manually copy these files to target disk.

2. Create a large file and see if you can copy to the same target folder. 

3. Run your first command again and see if missing files will be copied this time.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 21st, 2015 3:02am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics