0x0000232B RCODE_NAME_ERROR Windows Server 2003
I have recently tried to create a domain and i have made sure that all the settings are correct and tried every last resource i can to find out what the problem is but i still can't connect the other computers to the domain it keeps bringing the same error code up 0x000232B RCODE_NAME_ERROR DNS name does not exist, i have entered all the details manually to make sure that the server is set up correctly but i still can't connect
November 16th, 2010 7:16am

Hello, please give some more information about the domain. The amount of DCs and the COMPLETE error message you get and the command you use or the complete event viewer entry. The provided information is too less to help you further.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 16th, 2010 7:29am

Hi, Please first check the following settings: 1. What is the IP address of your DNS server? 2. What DNS Server are your clients configured to use? 3. If they are some, please run NSLOOKUP in CMD windows and see if your DNS will reply back. 4. Shutdown the firewall on the server and the clients The following article has some useful information: DNS error when you add a Windows XP-based computer to a Small Business Server 2000 domain http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/331072/en-us Regards, Bruce
November 17th, 2010 6:24am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics