Activate Windows 2008 and got “DNS name does not exist” error
When activating the product after install Windows 2008, you may receive Activation Error: Code 08007232b DNS name does not exist error. Use this KB post from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929826 1. Open Run and type cmd to open the command prompt 2. type slmgr -ipk xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx where the xs is the product key (not product id) I got from the DreamSpark website. 3. It takes about 10 seconds, then a confirmation windows popup. 4. Finally, active it again by right-click on Computer->Properties, click the active link.
August 4th, 2009 10:30pm

When activating the product after install Windows 2008, you may receive Activation Error: Code 08007232b DNS name does not exist error. Use this KB post from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929826 1. Open Run and type cmd to open the command prompt 2. type slmgr -ipk xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx where the xs is the product key (not product id) I got from the DreamSpark website. 3. It takes about 10 seconds, then a confirmation windows popup. 4. Finally, active it again by right-click on Computer->Properties, click the active link. I tried the same method but again the same error is displayedplease help me out
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 2nd, 2009 10:31pm

Thank you a lot, worked perfectly for me. I did not need to activate it again though, the slmgr command did the trick already.Patrck Pilz
August 17th, 2012 7:25pm

This worked perfect for my Windows 8 install as well.
August 18th, 2012 8:11pm

For Windows 8 RTM Ent edition - I had to run "slui 3" from cmd prompt and input key. Thanks!Matt Engibous
August 19th, 2012 11:44pm

Nice fix! I ran cmd as an administrator and it worked perfectly. Thanks to you!
August 21st, 2012 8:32am

Perfect.
August 28th, 2012 4:00am

For Windows 2012 server, SLUI doesn't work. Simply, change your produt key to a MAK key. Go to SERVER MANAGER, LOCAL SERVER, ckick on product key on right side change it and activate.
October 4th, 2012 1:41pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics