.lnk files appearing in share
Hi all, I have an issue on a server. The files within a network share keep changing to .lnk files. There are hundreds of files not just a few. This happened last week and i thought i had resolved it by taking ownership of the folder and using the ATTRIB command to reset all attributes on all files, then deleted all the shortcuts. Today the problem has returned and i dont have a clue what to do. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
August 20th, 2012 10:51am

Make sure that, the server in question is not infected ! Update AV definitions and run a full system scan. You might also want to install Malwarebytes Antimalware and run a scan to make sure that there are no malwares which might cause issue mentioned in your post.I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. - .... .- -. -.- ... --..-- ... .- -. - --- ... ....
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 20th, 2012 1:14pm

Did you fully scan the computer? As Santosh Bhadarkar said, please ensure there're no malwares there. And Clean Boot the computer see if the issue persists. Regards, Miya Miya Yao TechNet Community Support
August 21st, 2012 3:22am

sorry i couldnt find this thread to reply. I have done some scans and a few bits were found and removed
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 22nd, 2012 11:27am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics