.NET trouble / Help
Dear Community,I have a Production Server running Microsoft OCS. We had installed:.NET FRAMEWORK 2.0.NET FRAMEWORK 2.0 SERVICE PACK1.NET FRAMEWORK 3.0When tried to upgrade the .NET FRAMEWORK 2.0 SERVICE PACK2 the installer hung up and subsequently the install failed. Due to which all our OCS applications failed.Since then I have been trying to uninstall all the .NET's so that I can re-install them but to no avail. All my attempts have been failed. Finally I did manage to uninstall all the .NET's mentioned above; however, during the install of .NET 2.0 or above fails. It says, you have already a previously installed .NET version on this server.I have tried uninstalling windows service pack2/ re-install it/ I have tried uninstalling it thru Windows component; but nothing has helped even Windows update.How can I completely remove .NET so I can re-install it?Thanks, Since this is a production server; there is sort of a crises here, any help would be much appreciated,Tim.2008 - Guru
November 4th, 2008 7:52pm

in 2003 you can uncheck the .net framework 2.0 from add/remove > windows components section, but i think u have that figured out alreadyi recall when installing .net 3.5 sp1, it also updated all my other .net framework components, 1 through 3sounds like you need something like this, heck it might even work for your scenario:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=AAE7FC63-D405-4E13-909F-E85AA9E66146&displaylang=en
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 4th, 2008 8:11pm

Tried it;Didn't help:Here is the error message I am getting:"Setup cannot continue because this version of .NET Framework is incompatible with a previously installed version.Here is the log:Part of the LOG======MSI (c) (A4:E8) [12:34:07:189]: Decrementing counter to disable shutdown. If counter >= 0, shutdown will be denied. Counter after decrement: -1MSI (c) (A4:E8) [12:34:07:189]: MainEngineThread is returning 1603=== Verbose logging stopped: 11/4/2008 12:34:07 ===Product: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (x64) -- Setup cannot continue because this version of the .NET Framework is incompatible with a previously installed one. For more information, see http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q312/5/00.asp2008 - Guru
November 4th, 2008 9:46pm

i checked the link...as i said earlier, maybe you can install 3.5 sp1 and let it update all your previous.net components, but if you've done that as well, maybe you should check the MSDN forums instead, they would have more info on this i would think
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 4th, 2008 10:13pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics