'WDSUtil' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
Hello, I created a php script to to run the WDSUtil command from a Windows 2008 R2 server. When i run it i get the following: 'WDSUtil' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file When I run the command from the command line it all works. I tried the absolut path(C:\Windows\System32\wdsutil.exe). I added C:\Windows\System32\ to Enviroment Variables. Can somebody help me out? Regards
June 20th, 2012 5:01am

OK It is not a php related problem. I created a .bat file with the following: @echo off WDSUtil /Add-Device /Device:computername /ID:52-54-00-AA-EF-35 pause When I run(double click the .bat it works. When i run it from the command line(as Administrator) I get the following: 'WDSUtil' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Press any key to continue . . . 'WDSUtil' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Press any key to continue . . .
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 20th, 2012 10:08am

Possibly UAC? Are you running those scripts as elevated admin?
June 20th, 2012 12:44pm

Hello, I created a php script to to run the WDSUtil command from a Windows 2008 R2 server. When i run it i get the following: 'WDSUtil' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file When I run the command from the command line it all works. I tried the absolut path(C:\Windows\System32\wdsutil.exe). I added C:\Windows\System32\ to Enviroment Variables. Can somebody help me out? Regards Hello, Can you please confirm us that Have you installed Windows Deployment Services role on your server ? Seems you missed it. So please check it once again and try to run wdsutil command.Regards, Ravikumar P
June 20th, 2012 4:10pm

Hello, Thanks for your reply. I disabled UAC but it didn't help. I confirm I have installed Windows Deployment Services because when i manually run WDSUtil from the command line it works. Hope you can help me out.
June 21st, 2012 2:50am

I found the problem. PHP is default 32 bit and WDSUtil is not 32 bit it is 64 bit. I installed a 64 bit PHP and now it works. Thanks everybody!
June 21st, 2012 4:29am

I found the problem. PHP is default 32 bit and WDSUtil is not 32 bit it is 64 bit. I installed a 64 bit PHP and now it works. Thanks everybody!
June 21st, 2012 4:30am

Good to see that you identified the problem. I hope it can be solved.Regards, Ravikumar P
June 21st, 2012 4:40am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics