'Exception of type' when creating a new service request

Have created a custom class based on the activity class (sealed and imported, no workflows etc so no dll file) and have inserted an activity template based on this class into a service request template.  I map a user prompt date field to a custom datetime attribute in the custom class in a request offering.  On creating a new service request I get this error on save.  I then removed the user prompt and republished  -same problem

Any ideas?

Thanks

David

Application:
Application Version: 7.5.3079.0
Severity: Error
Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.InvalidSimpleObjectValueException: Exception of type 'Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.InvalidSimpleObjectValueException' was thrown.
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.EnterpriseManagementObject.IsValidForDiscoveryProcessing()
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConnectorFramework.IncrementalDiscoveryData.AddInternal(EnterpriseManagementObject enterpriseManagementObject)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.EnterpriseManagementObjectProjection.AddFromProjectionBuilderToIncrementalDiscoveryData(IncrementalDiscoveryData discoveryData)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.EnterpriseManagementObjectProjection.AddToIncrementalDiscoveryData(IncrementalDiscoveryData discoveryData)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConnectorFramework.IncrementalDiscoveryData.Add(EnterpriseManagementObjectProjection projection)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.SdkDataAccess.DataAdapters.EnterpriseManagementObjectProjectionWriteAdapter.WriteSdkObject(EnterpriseManagementGroup managementGroup, IList`1 sdkObjects, IDictionary`2 parameters)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.SdkDataAccess.DataAdapters.SdkWriteAdapter`1.DoAction(DataQueryBase query, IList`1 dataSources, IDictionary`2 parameters, IList`1 inputs, String outputCollectionName)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.ViewFramework.SingleItemSupportAdapter.DoAction(DataQueryBase query, IList`1 dataSources, IDictionary`2 parameters, IList`1 inputs, String outputCollectionName)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.DataModel.QueryQueue.StartExecuteQuery(Object sender, ConsoleJobEventArgs e)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.UI.Console.ConsoleJobExceptionHandler.ExecuteJob(IComponent component, EventHandler`1 job, Object sender, ConsoleJobEventArgs args)

September 10th, 2015 1:33pm

Are you able to create a service request directly from your template without using the request offering? Or does it throw the same error? (You can use the Create Service Request from Template task to try it).
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 10th, 2015 1:40pm

Ok so not related to the request offering or user prompt mappings - I get the same error when I use the 'service request from template' task

September 10th, 2015 4:24pm

Some property value in your template is incorrect. Try removing your custom activity from your service request template and see if you still get the same error. If so, we've narrowed it down to some value in your activity template.

Assuming it's the activity template, we'll take a look at your custom activities properties and their constraints as well as the values you put in your activity template.

September 10th, 2015 4:54pm

If I remove the activity from the SR then the SR can be saved.

In authoring - I created a new Management pack, create other class, select 'Activity' as base class.

In the new activity class there is a property_33 that is a key property, I added two new properties: one DateTime, one String.  Sealed the MP and imported the sealed MP into service manager

The only thing I can think is that I shouldn't have two key properties (property_33 and ID) but I can't modify this and reimport, or delete the MP from system center and try again.

September 11th, 2015 9:04am

Ok so I removed references to other management packs:

http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/mdowst/archive/2014/05/15/scom-amp-scsm-management-pack-cleanup/

see also for reference only: http://blogs.technet.com/b/momteam/archive/2007/05/03/removing-dependencies-on-the-default-management-pack.aspx

Then I deleted the MP, then re-authored and removed property_33, resealed, re-imported, created a new blank template for the new activity class, then a new SR with an activity using the new activity template, then run 'create service request from template' and it worked!

So was it the duplicate key?, thanks

September 11th, 2015 9:39am

You're right, there's no need to have two key properties on your activity. I recommend you remove it.

As for the other properties that you added, did you add values to those properties in your activity template? If so, do they fit within the property's constraints? (For example, is your string property's value length less than the MaxLength?)

If you can, post your activity class XML and your activity template XML. We'll see what's amiss.

• Marked as answer by David b111 17 hours 26 minutes ago
September 11th, 2015 9:46am

As said working now, thanks
September 11th, 2015 9:52am

Great :) (You posted a few minutes before I hit submit, I didn't see your post until now)

Yep, it was the additional key property causing the issue. If the values inserted aren't unique, or are incorrect in any way, it can throw that error.

September 11th, 2015 10:09am

You're right, there's no need to have two key properties on your activity. I recommend you remove it.

As for the other properties that you added, did you add values to those properties in your activity template? If so, do they fit within the property's constraints? (For example, is your string property's value length less than the MaxLength?)

If you can, post your activity class XML and your activity template XML. We'll see what's amiss.

• Marked as answer by David b111 Friday, September 11, 2015 1:50 PM
September 11th, 2015 1:44pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics