'DHCP Users' Group does not let you backup the DHCP - Access Denied message from DHCP MMC
Hi,I need to backup the entire DHCP Server config (scopes, reservations etc). I cannot get console or RDP access to the server. The most I've been given is membership of the 'DHCP Users' local group on the DHCP server. This is a read only group.However when I run the DHCP MMC against the server and select 'Backup' I get an 'Access Denied' error message.Is there another permission / group membership I need to make this work ?RegardsMichael
September 28th, 2009 1:38am

Can you try the same with Domain Admin permission and not local admin account.Raj
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 28th, 2009 9:38am

You must not have read whereI said I can only get membership of the 'DHCP Users' group.
September 29th, 2009 1:19am

You wont be able to take DHCP backup unless you are a member of DHCP Administrator group.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 30th, 2011 8:42am

You must not have read where I said I can only get membership of the 'DHCP Users' group. Then you are doing things your membership DOES NOT ALLOW. By definition... DHCP Users Members of the DHCP Users group have read-only DHCP console access to the server, which allows DHCP Users to view, but not to modify, server data, including DHCP server configuration, registry keys, DHCP log files, and the DHCP database. DHCP Users cannot create scopes, modify option values, create reservations or exclusion ranges, or modify the DHCP server configuration in any other way. Backups are normally an Administrative function... Does your domain have a Backup Operators group?
May 31st, 2011 11:45am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics