<SSRS Deployment>

Hi 

I created SSRS Report, But when i try to deploy my reports using visual studio. "The permission granted to use '****' are insufficient for performing this operation".

But when i open visual studio run as administrator and try to deploy, it doesn't show any error.

Similarly when try to open through internet explorer .

Can someone suggest how to properly deploy it. So that i can only provide url link to other people to access the Report.

September 10th, 2015 2:59pm

Hi ksunny,

In Reporting Services, before we publish a report, we must have permission to do so. Permission is determined through role-based security that is defined by our report server administrator. Publishing operations are typically granted through the Publisher role. For more information, please refer to this article: Publishing Reports to a Report Server.

In your scenario, you mention you have to run SSDT as administrator then you are able to deploy a report, and also must run IE as administrator to view the deployed report. The issue is caused by a security feature to prevent malicious code from operating on your system. To prevent the error, we must open SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) with elevated permissions or configure reporting services roles. Please refer to this article: Configure a Native Mode Report Server for Local Administration (SSRS).

Reference:
SQL Server Reporting Services Basics: Deploying Reports

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 10th, 2015 10:38pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics