I think I may have found a bug.
My Outlook 2013 profile has more than 75 rules. When I started testing Outlook 2013, I got the message "The rules on this computer do not match the rules on Microsoft Exchange. Only one set of rules can be kept. You will usually want to keep the rules on the server. Which rules do you want to keep?"
I did the following troubleshooting:
1. I created a new Outlook profile. This didn't fix the issue.
2. I exported my rules, cleared them using "outlook /cleanrules", then reimported the rules. This didn't fix the issue.
3. I cleared the rules again (outlook /cleanrules), then hand-entered the rules. This also didn't fix the issue.
4. I reduced the number of rules to less than 50. This FIXED the problem.
5. When I entered rule #51, the problem came back. When I removed ruled #51, the problem was again fixed.
Does anyone know of a fix or workaround to this issue?