Microsoft Outlook 2013 used with Exchange Server 2007 - Out of Office & Scheduling Assistant problems.


As we have not yet been upgrading the exchange server and are still in a "Exchange Server 2007 environment", but our users are now upgrading from Microsoft Office 2010 to 2013 and starting to see some problems with compatability it seems?

All versions prior to Microsoft Office 2013 has no trouble using Out of Office assistant or Scheduling Assistant, but in Outlook 2013 it does not work!

  • Autodiscover has no issue. (ctrl-rightclick and test)
  • OWA and Outlook 2010 and prior versions has no trouble accessing Out of Office assistant or Scheduling Assistant.
  • The only users having these issues are users running Microsoft Outlook 2013.

Is there any way to fix this or is Outlook 2013 not supported with Exchange 2007 (and in that case I may need to upgrade the exchange server as the only way to work around this issue)?


Thor Andre Markussen

November 26th, 2013 9:09am


This issue seems to be caused by the patches in November, we may try to create a new profile to test if this issue persists:

If this issue persists, please try to uninstall KB2837618 & KB2837643 and then re-create the profile to check the result.


Melon Chen
TechNet Community Support

  • Marked as answer by Tottere Wednesday, November 27, 2013 9:28 AM
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 27th, 2013 2:25am

Thank you Melon Chen! This did the trick!


Thor Andre

November 27th, 2013 9:28am


Im experiencing similar problem, however updates KB2837618 & KB2837643 are not installed on my machine. Can you think of any other way to fix this?

  • Edited by tefal17 Wednesday, December 04, 2013 9:46 AM
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 4th, 2013 9:14am

We also are having trouble with Outlook 2013 in our Citrix environment after the last round of updates, in particular KB2956087. The Scheduling assistant returns an error stating that "you do not have permission to create an entry in this folder". This process was functional prior to the installation of the named update. Once you uninstall, the scheduler function works as it did, without reboot. I have tested KB2956087 as well as KB2956170 (which is supposed to supersede the first one) and both cause the error when using the scheduling assistant. I have checked our workstation environment, where the scheduling assistant works, and neither of these updates have been installed.  This issue presents when trying to run the Scheduling Assistant directly from the server as well.
March 23rd, 2015 4:39pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics