Global address book not updating in outlook
Hi, we are using exchange 2010. Yesterday someone noticed that the global address book is not up to date with the new users. i went to the Exch Shell and ran the update command. The next day, on one of my computers, i opened outlook and saw a bunch of new names. However, on a different computer running outlook (2010), the new names were NOT showing up. What should i do thanks
September 10th, 2010 5:09pm
HAve them manually download the Address Book via Outlook. Send/Receive Tab - Download Address Book and see if that updates it. If not, close Outlook, delete the *.oab files on disk and download the OAB from Outlook again.
September 10th, 2010 5:17pm
i deleted the oab files and tried to download the oab again - same results, all my new users are not showing up. other thoughts?
September 10th, 2010 7:12pm
On the computer that shows the new users, is Outlook in online or cache mode?
September 10th, 2010 8:06pm
it is in online mode.
September 12th, 2010 5:04am
based on your question = i went to my settings and changed the cached mode on online and saw the gal. i deleted teh oab files and changed back to cached mode and voila - it worked. Question, how do i resolve this issue for my institution shy of going to every computer and doing this little operation? thanks
September 12th, 2010 5:14am
I am assuming that there are some emails in your "Sync Issues" Outlook folder. So please post the following: 1) Post the Sync Issues folder errors 2) Run a Test Email Autoconfiguration from your Outlook by Crtl-right clicking on the Outlook icon in your system tray. Uncheck the two Guessmart boxes. Post the results of all the URLs 3) Post the output of Get-OABVirtualDirectory | flTim Harrington - Catapult Systems - http://HowDoUC.blogspot.com
September 12th, 2010 5:27am
Individual users could be instructed to do this. That would probably be the quickest way. A GPO can force cache or online mode, but on a case by case basis, its probably easier to simply document the steps you took and have users do this for their own workstations if they encounter the problem.
September 12th, 2010 4:26pm
thank you - i will run those steps on a non-updated system on tuesday when i return. thanks
September 12th, 2010 5:26pm
as we started fixing systems - turns out all we need to do is close outlook and remove .oab files (as perviously suggested - not sure why that didn't work on first system i tried). Unfortunately, doing a search for *.oab rarely works - generally i have to open cmd (as admin) and browse through their profile to find them and delete them. a lot depends on xp vs win7 and outlook 2007 vs 2010. only a few users have been able to successfully do it themselves. going to online mode works fine though. thanks
September 15th, 2010 8:21am
I think in some cases, they'll need to change the search criteria to look for system/hidden files.
September 15th, 2010 10:14am