@djstanley et al...
I am experiencing the same issue with one of my clients. In 2013 the client upgraded from Office 2002 & 2003 to Office 2010 across the board.
I have created a new workbook in Excel 2010 which did not exist in a previous version of Excel (it is saved as an Excel workbook - .xlsx, not a 97-2003 .xls compatible workbook).
In the workbook I maintain logs of activities related to a number of IT projects that I have to handover. Within the logs I have many hyperlinks to documents and files on a number of different network drives - including the same network drive as
the workbook itself.
During the handover of a project to a new project manager, he informed me that the hyperlinks were not working and I have now identified that EVERY hyperlink within the document has been changed to my local drive (as described in above posts). This is very
annoying and I have not identified the cause or a means to remedy it (perhaps I will by following this thread).
However, I have made a point of including the full path in the text of the hyperlinks, so that I have a rudimentary workaround (although it is very unprofessional) by copying and pasting the url to IE.
I have tried correcting some hyperlinks and resaving the document, which works until I close and reopen the workbook, where they are reset to my local drive as follows:
C:\Users\<userid>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\<file path>\<document name>
The <file path>\<document name> matches the last two sub-folder names and document name of the original target hyperlink, however, the drive path and sub-folders are replaced with the path to my Temporary Internet Files.
I find this very strange and wondered if there is an Excel setting somewhere that is pointing to Temporary Internet Files, that could lead to the cause of the substitution.
The other anomaly is that my target locations for the hyperlinks are on SharePoint 2007 and I have not read a previous post on this subject that mentions SharePoint. I initially thought that the problem was related to SharePoint, but having found this (and
other) forum threads, it appears to be generally related to Excel 2010.
One last thing that is worth mentioning is that Excel has crashed a few times while I am editing this document (considering I keep the document open and update it every day, this is not surprising), but the problem may be connected to document recovery,
which other posts have alluded too.
I hope we can identify a cause and remedy it, as it is extremely frustrating. I will keep reading the threads in the meantime.