sharepoint lookup field not displaying correctly

My SharePoint guy sent a case over to me (I'm the desktop guy) because when people access sites in SP 2010 that have multiple lookup fields the drop downs are not working right. Strange thing is non-domain joined machines do not have the same issue. When we open the first dropdown box the items appear correctly however selecting an item does not close the dropdown. In order to close the drop down I have to double click and item. (see screenshot 1 below). Then when I open a dropdown from another field the correct text appears but the dropdown seems to open from wherever I opened my first dropdown instead of in the proper place. (see screen shot 2)

May 22nd, 2015 12:26pm

This seems to be issue started with Dec 2012 CU, and even new patches doesn't fix it.

You can try the following workaround

http://craigvsthemachine.blogspot.com/2013/04/fixing-complex-dropdown-bug-in.html

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 22nd, 2015 4:19pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics