In regarding of the issue, please provide us more information to assist you better.
- Did you restore Windows 7 or XP mode?
- Was the System Restore failed, like:
The following Error Message/s may also pop up:
- System Restore failed.
- Error 0x800423F3 : The writer experienced a transient error. If the backup process is retried, the error may not reoccur.
- A shadow copy could not be created for the following reason. The writer experienced a transient error (0x800423F3)
- System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computers system files and setting were not changed.
- Cant system restore, file or directory is corrupted and unreadable (0x80070570)
- System Restore failed to extract the original copy of the directory from the restore point.
- Restore point could not be created for this reason: Error detected in the Volume Shadow Copy Services (VSS).
I recommend you try this link:
Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.
In additional, if you want to find the lost data, you'd better check your backup files.
TechNet Community Support