Weird issue.... Windows 2008 R2 Print Server - 20 plus printers installed.
On the server everything is fine - I can print to locally install printers etc, never stops working.
On random clients over the last week - all of a sudden ALL their printers show offline (ones that are on print server).
1. Nothing on event log of print server
2. Nothing out of ordinary on the client event viewer
3. Firewall is off on server / Firewall is on clients (all file and print sharing allowed via GPO)
3. I can ping print server, I can ping printer.
4. Only way to fix is to net stop / start spooler on client.
Not sure why all of a sudden the spooler on client is losing is connection (and unable to reestablish) with the print server but Im at a loss. Need some direction on what I can look at for root cause. Keep in mind - this is random PC's. Mine was one that stopped working, my neighbor did not lose any connections at all.
We did do this months windows updates last weekend around when this started so its possible that a windows update caused this, but don't want to get tunnel vision on it.
Thanks for any guidance or suggestions.
Not really finding anything on internet other than stopping or starting the print spooler... trying to find the root cause. Cant have a solution be to tell end users to stop and start spooler. Shouldn't break to begin with. They have been working fine for year.