Unrecognized ID
oooops.... I forgot you Victor... Todd just answered before you did. Thanks alot! David
February 18th, 2011 9:15pm

Hi, I have a package which fails inconsistently on the following error : Error: 2011-02-14 11:11:53.44 Code: 0xC020901C Source: LOAD To AGGR_CASE [1482] Description: There was an error with input column "DATE_IN" (1580) on input "OLE DB Destination Input" (1495). The column status returned was: "Conversion failed because the data value overflowed the specified type.". End Error Because it fails inconsistently and the inputs seem OK I want to redirect the error rows to another table. As you can see - this error massage relates to 3 object IDs: 1482,1495 and 1580. The thing is - under the "LOAD To AGGR_CASE [1482]" Data Flow I can find an object with the name "DATE_IN" (1580) but I CAN'T find object "OLE DB Destination Input" with ID 1495. So I have an object who has something to do with this error but I can't find it ... Is there a way to search object with a specific ID in a package? my package has a dozen of containers... Thanks! DavidDavid
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 18th, 2011 9:20pm

Hi David, You can identify OLE DB Destination Input entering in component advanced editor (left clic over, show advanced editor). From here, access to Input and Output properties tab and search the Linage ID of each column in this input. Also can be interesting know that you can see the metadata of this input double clicking over the input pipe to OLE DB Destination. Vctor M. Snchez Garca (ES) (BI) Hope this help. Please vote if you find this posting was helpful. if this is an answer to your question, please mark it. http://bifase.blogspot.com | http://twitter.com/atharky
February 18th, 2011 10:04pm

Hi Victor, Thanks for your reply, but I'm familiar with the component advanced editor. What you described is finding a column at a component based on it's ID . My problem is I can't find the component which the error relate to... Based on the error massage above - "OLE DB Destination Input" (1495) seems to be a component, not a column. am I right?David
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 18th, 2011 10:50pm

Hi, Yes, you're right. it's about some component, but the input column DATE_IN is in all the DFTs? Think where're inserting with this column and then catch it. Always you can open the package as XML and look inside for the Component ID. On component properties you can see its ID Víctor M. Sánchez García (ES) (BI) Hope this help. Please vote if you find this posting was helpful. if this is an answer to your question, please mark it. http://bifase.blogspot.com | http://twitter.com/atharky
February 18th, 2011 11:12pm

Ups, i've marked your post as answer proposal by mistake!Vctor M. Snchez Garca (ES) (BI) Hope this help. Please vote if you find this posting was helpful. if this is an answer to your question, please mark it. http://bifase.blogspot.com | http://twitter.com/atharky
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 18th, 2011 11:17pm

That "object" is the "socket" on the OLE DB Destination component for a particular column. That's the column that's reporting the error. You'll find that column on the INPUT columns on the advanced editor's Input/Output tab. Talk to me now on
February 18th, 2011 11:24pm

Got it. Thanks Todd!David
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 18th, 2011 11:38pm

Hi Vitor and Todd, I totally agree with you - Based on the error message above the failure occurs on the "DATE_IN" column (ID - 1580) at the OLE DB Destination component called "LOAD to AGGR_CASE" (ID - 1482). My question is related to the underlined text: Error: 2011-02-14 11:11:53.44 Code: 0xC020901C Source: LOAD To AGGR_CASE [1482] Description: There was an error with input column "DATE_IN" (1580) on input "OLE DB Destination Input" (1495). The column status returned was: "Conversion failed because the data value overflowed the specified type.". End Error Except "LOAD To AGGR_CASE " - I have no other OLE DB Destination object with ID 1495... where did it come from? When I opened the package as an XML file - I managed to find an input object with ID 1495 but I couldn't figure out what it is connected to. It does not appear on my diagram...David
February 19th, 2011 12:00am

Victor is correct, the error is occurring at the OLE DB Destination component called LOAD to AGGR_CASE. If you open the advanced editor on that component, you should be able to find the column. The error is a truncation or range error - you're trying to stuff too large a value into a destination field. This problem shouldn't ever happen if your data flow columns going into the OLE DB Destination are typed correctly. Don't rely on implicit casting! Talk to me now on
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 19th, 2011 12:26am

Incredible.... seems that i dont be helpul in this threadVctor M. Snchez Garca (ES) (BI) Hope this help. Please vote if you find this posting was helpful. if this is an answer to your question, please mark it. http://bifase.blogspot.com | http://twitter.com/atharky
February 19th, 2011 12:48am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics