I have a issue regarding read-only ReFS volume in windows Server 2012 which is mentioned below:1. Create a ReFS volume from diskmgmt let's say V1(H:)
2.make this volume readonly by following diskpart command
DISKPART> attributes volume set readonly
Volume attributes set successfully.
DISKPART> attributes volume
Read-only : Yes
Hidden : No
No Default Drive Letter: No
Shadow Copy : No
3. when we try to delete this readonly volume, it gives error that volume is in use as mentioned below:
DISKPART> delete volume
Virtual Disk Service error:
The device is in use.
The selected volume or partition is in use.
To continue with the operation use the OVERRIDE parameter.
3. Although we can delete volume force-fully but the same case is working properly for NTFS.
So the qustions are that:
1. Is this a known issue in windows 2012?
2. Is it ok to always destroys ReFS volume forcefully in windows 2012?
3. If it's a known issue, Is Microsoft planning to provide some fix for this in windows 201