I am facing following warning message when i add list as webpart. "This view cannot be displayed because it exceeds the list view threshold (5000 items) enforced by the administrator."
Also when i directly go to the list and change the view it gives "Displaying only the newest results below. To view all results, narrow your query by adding a filter".
Any suggestions/pointers on this would be higly appreciated.
- Open the SharePoint Central Administration,
- go to Application Management --> Manage Web Applications
- Click to select the web application that hosts your list (eg. SharePoint - 8080)
- At the Ribbon, select the General Settings and select Resource Throttling
- Then, you can see the 5000 List View Threshold limit and you can edit the value you want.
- Click OK to save it.
Check this blog for more information:
Hope it could help
Many thanks for your response.
I am aware about this setting. It is not recommened to change the deafult threshhold, thus i wish to address this issue with out changing the default threshhold value.
1) Temporary change the settings as suggested by Hemendra.
2) Add couple of indexes to your list columns for commonly used columns
3) Revert to the original setting in CA
if above doesnot work, please try to add a filter to your list view and narrow down the results and see if that helps.
let me know how it goes.
Many thanks for your response.....It was indeed a very useful article.
definetly can explore the column indexing option, but not adding extra filters..
will try in index 1 or 2 columns and check....
Rather than chaning the CA settings...i am planning to index few columns and lets see how it goes.
Thanks for your response.
Hi Ketan Gandhi,
did you achieved your goal? I am facing the same issue - I managed to create index and the error doesn't show up but when the user tried to access the access the folder using "Open with Explorer" under Library it doesn't show the folder.
kindly help..thanks anthony
Hi Ketan Gandhi,
You got it resolved..? How do you achieved this. Please suggest
We are also facing the same problem.