Hi - I'm in the process of migrating multiple small business clients to Exchange Online.
Each migrated user will actually start with a trial version of E3, but they actually only need the Exchange Online Plan 1.
So, the process I'll follow is this:
- set up users (with trial E3 licences)
- migrate user accounts to Exchange Online
- check that the migrations have been successful
- purchase Exchange Online Plan 1 licences
- apply Exchange Online Plan 1 licences to users
- remove trial E3 licences from users
Basically, steps 5/6 involve switching licences - but when this happens, do mailboxes and all items remain intact? Or do they get wiped, meaning I need to migrate again?
Does that make sense?