You never know, it might just iron itself out with the next Preview build (this is pre-release after all). Just in case any one has had the issue and knows a solution, Any help greatly appreciated.
User clicks on Store Beta (blue) icon, spash screen is displayed, app closes.
the old windows store (green icon) works, no issues.
Errors / Event Logs:
Event 1000, Application Error
Faulting application name: WinStore.Mobile.exe, version: 2015.5.6.2, time stamp: 0x554b03c3
Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.10122.0, time stamp: 0x5554286f
Exception code: 0xc000027b
Fault offset: 0x00000000003c0dd4
Faulting process ID: 0xb90
Faulting application start time: 0x01d097cbf53e5a83
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_2015.5.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\WinStore.Mobile.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll
Report ID: c16c34f3-870c-4bca-a07b-fd62a1f792de
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.WindowsStore_2015.5.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App
Fault bucket 98959589275, type 5
Event Name: MoAppCrash
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0
Activation of application Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App failed with error: The remote procedure call failed. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.
Troubleshooting to date:
1. Tried to wsreset from Admin command prompt.
- Failed: Error ms-windows-store:PurgeCaches the remote procedure call failed
2. Tried "powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml"
- process completes, no error on-screen. But store crashes occur as before.
3. Tried to delete all .JSON files from C:\Users\paulf\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
- same as before. Store Crashes.
4. Tried SFC /SCANNOW from Admin command prompt.
- process completed, but behaviour as before.
- Edited by Fingleberries 15 hours 31 minutes ago fixed formatting