Sharepoint 2007 SP3 upgrade failed
I have run the SP3 on a Sharepoint 2007 farm and when I run the psconfigGUI I get the following error and the farm does not upgrade. "Cannot find the object 'proc_dropSiteMap2', because it does not exist or you do not have permission." Any help would be appreciated..
November 17th, 2011 6:20pm
Hi, Try stopping your timer and search services and then try again. I hope this will help you out.Thanks, Rahul Rashu
November 17th, 2011 11:59pm
Thanks Rahul, I stopped those services, but no success. Do you have any idea how to solve this issue? I don't see the 'proc_dropSiteMap2' procedure on my SQL 2005.
November 18th, 2011 12:36am
Has SP2 been installed before installing SP3?Stefan Goner Senior Escalation Engineer - Microsoft CSS This post is provided "AS IS" with no warrenties and confers no rights.
November 18th, 2011 2:12am
yes, i checked the version before installing. please help.
November 18th, 2011 2:57am
Please check using SQL management studio of your configuration database contains the stored proc "proc_dropSiteMap2" Stefan Goßner Senior Escalation Engineer - Microsoft CSS This post is provided "AS IS" with no warrenties and confers no rights.
November 18th, 2011 4:10am
I don't have the stored proc "proc_dropSiteMap2" under my configuration database.
November 18th, 2011 5:55am
That would mean you have a corrupt configuration database and you would have to recreate your farm. I would recommend to open a support case with Microsoft to allow further analysis.Stefan Goner Senior Escalation Engineer - Microsoft CSS This post is provided "AS IS" with no warrenties and confers no rights.
November 18th, 2011 6:47am
Hi, I had the same problem trying to upgrade to SP3 from SP2 + CU December'09. The stored procedure "proc_dropSiteMap2" didn't exist in my DB. Finally I opened a case to Microsoft and they had to send my a new folder "SQL" which is in 12/TEMPLATE. They said that was due to an error in my configuration, and that you need to copy this folder from a server where SP3 is installed correctly, by I suspect that this SQL folder is changed by an intermediate CU, maybe August'11 CU. Hope it helps.
December 21st, 2011 10:17am
For anyone wanting to know if the particular stored procedure exists before upgrading to SP3, this is how I did it: In SQL Server Managment Studio, run the following query on your configuration database: -- Get Stored Procedures -- Type = 'P' --> Stored Procedure. -- Category = 0 --> User Created. SELECT * FROM sysobjects WHERE type = 'P' AND category = 0 ORDER BY name Source
January 6th, 2012 10:19pm