Yesterday I dealt with the same issue. WinPE boot but the new Dell laptop didn't get any network connection due to missing driver.
I updated WinPE boot image with latest Dell PE drivers and replicated the two new boot images to my branch office. I boot the client with the problem and saw that it was using the old boot image.
What I did:
- On remote DP opened CMtrace.exe
- Opened this fil C:\SMS_DP$\sms\logs\SMSPXE.log
- Boot my client and saw MAC address and "found optional advertisement" ID
- Searched for the deployment with this ID and modified the boot image in the OSD task sequence.
- Rebooted and boot with PXE again. New boot image was selected
Worked as a charm.