All our SCCM 2012 servers have Windows 2012 R2. SCCM was working just fine until we upgraded from SCCM 2012 R2 to SCCM 2012 R2 SP1. The site server (SC01) worked just fine after the upgrade, but all the other SCCM servers broke (is this common?). Here, I'm talking about the SUP/WSUS server (SC02). SC02 broke so bad that we rebuilt it from scratch starting with a Server 2012 image with nothing on it. I've spent days trying to get the new SC02 to properly download and sync patches.
Here are the symptoms:
1) WSUSCONTENT folder on SC02 only has folders, no actual patch files (this folder has the same permissions as a SUP server on another network we have)
2) The patches in Software Inventory all showed as expired but they really aren't (hold over meta-data from before, I guess). They all show as downloaded too. If you try to download them you get "All software updates in this selection are expired or meta-data only, and cannot be downloaded."
3) There are so many of these errors in wsyncmgr.log ("The Microsoft Software License Terms have not been completely downloaded~~cannot be accepted") that it eventually says "Too many consecutive failures. Aborting sync."
4) In Windows Application log there are many Error Code 364 errors: Content file download failed. Reason: Value does not fall within the expected range"
Some web sites suggest this, but I've tried 3-4 times and it doesn't work:
1) remove all Classifications from SUP configuration
2) run "wsusutil reset"
3) run "Synchronize Software Updates" in Software library
4) re add classifications
Is removing the SUP and WSUS roles and then deleting the SUSDB and reinstalling it viable to try?