Thanks in advance,
- Moved by Robert_Hearn Tuesday, March 09, 2010 6:19 PM migrated (From:Interop - Universal Connector)
Technology Tips and News
From the white paper titled - SCOM2007R2_UniversalConnector_DevelopingAnIntegration.doc included with the connector download.
Create the acknowledgement file to let Operations Manager know the alert was received
Things to consider:
- If you do not send an acknowledgement back to Operations Manager, Operations Manager will forward the alert again until it receives an acknowledgement or it exceeds the maximum number of retries.
The acknowledgement file must be created in a directory with the same name as the management group from which it came. This enables the Universal Connector to handle multiple management groups. The directory where the acknowledgement file should be created is:
- The %ManagementGroup% directory is not created by default, so the integration logic must check for its existence and create it if it doesnt exist.
- The acknowledgement file must contain the following attributes at a minimum:
- Notice the EventType value for an acknowledgement is 2.
- The value of EventId will be placed in the TicketId property in the Operations Manager alert.
Then try to send ack:
AlertID = lslkkldfkldf EventType = 2 EventID = MyTicketNumber ManagementGroupName = MyGroup
I got in Ticked ID on SCOM side: ERROR: received ack with no TicketId
how to know that is wrong there?