Profile Import works when crawled manually but not on Schedule
Hi I hope someone can help me.We have setup our Import Connections to AD correctly and tested these by Starting a Full import. This works fine, all of our user accounts appear in the active profiles list on the View User Profies page. We have setup the import source to run a Full Import at 7AMdaily but everyone time this runs the user accounts show as being missing from import.When checking the Logs we get the following warnings/errorsWarningsspsimport://xxxxxx?$$dl$$?cn=x member hospit...Deleted by the gatherer (This item was deleted because the crawler did not encounter it during the last full crawl.)ect...Errorsspsimport://xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxThe parameter is incorrect.Any advice on this would really be aprechiated as Ihave searched the net for clues, mostsuggest checking the import sources.ThanksIan
June 12th, 2009 12:25pm

Thanks for your reply Scot, Yes the account is a domain admin account and works fine when imported manually.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 12th, 2009 12:36pm

Hi I'm also having the same problem. When the profile update runs as scheduled it displays the exact symptoms as the original post. If I log into the SSP and run the full Profile Update manually, everything appears to work fine.
July 23rd, 2009 7:35am

Hi Normo, Unforunatly I never managed ro resolve this problem. I have doubled check the permissions and they are all setup correctly!
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 23rd, 2009 1:07pm

Hi ianbara,We may have found our issue, it seems to be the way we were backing up our environment. Our backup admins were doing off line and on line backups of the databases, I'm not to sure if they were overlapping or what was going on. We have been doing some testing and now the profile import appears to be working correctly as well as the distribution list import and audience update. However we still get an occassional "The parameter is incorrect." error.We are still looking at the problem.Normo
August 5th, 2009 7:06am

Hi Has anyone been able to resolve this issue? Thanks Normo
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 3rd, 2010 9:52am

Hello, We hade this problem some time to and got following solution for MOSS 2007 SP 1 and later. To clear the config cache on the farm, follow these steps: Stop the OWSTIMER service on ALL of the MOSS servers in the farm. On the Index server, navigate to: Server 2003 location: Drive:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\SharePoint\Config\GUID and delete all the XML files from the directory. Server 2008 location: Drive:\ProgramData\Microsoft\SharePoint\Config\GUID and delete all the XML files from the directory. Delete all the XML file in the directory. NOTE: ONLY THE XML FILES, NOT THE .INI FILE. Open the cache.ini with Notepad and reset the number to 1. Save and close the file. Start the OWSTIMER service on the Index server and wait for XML files to begin to reappear in the directory. After you see XML files appearing on the Index server, repeat steps 2, 3 & 4 on each query server, waiting for XML files to appear before moving to subsequent servers. After all of the query servers have all been cleared and new .xml files have been generated, proceed to the WFE and Application servers in the farm, following steps 2, 3, 4 and 5 for each remaining server. Run psconfig.exe -cmd secureresources - Performs SharePoint Products and Technologies resource security enforcement on the server. For example, security is enforced on files, folders, and registry keys. Best Regards Markus
May 11th, 2011 9:13am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics