Keep in 'Discovery is in progress' issue after changed local-admin account
Dear All, I deployed a SCOM2012 server with a single-server architecture. I can discover servers that I want to manage normally after deployment. One day, according to firm's policy, I renamed all local-admin account in our domain, from 'Administrator' to 'sysadmin', and the issues are coming. ( SCOM will NOT use this local-admin account in following progress.) I cannot finish the 'Discovery Wizard' and it keeps in 'Discovery is in progress' page (for whole night). I checked the service: System Center Management and System Center Management Configuration, both are started. And I ensured the SQL Server broker service enabled for OperationsManager Database. I also tried to rename the Health Service State folder, and restart System Center Management service, but still no use. I really feels there will be an issue between the SCOM Management server and the AD due to when I input a wrong destination server name or a wrong Administrator account(which no existed in AD), it still keeps in 'Discovery is in progress' page and will not note me the information is wrong. However, to these servers that have been added into SCOM before this issue, the monitoring progress is normal and can get their status normally. If anyone meet the same issue or someone can help to identify the issue? Many thanks!
October 23rd, 2012 9:16pm
Please check the DB free space whether it is full or not For detail pls. refer to http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/operationsmanagergeneral/thread/76fe630e-c155-4e0a-8adf-d6c10918681c/ Roger
October 23rd, 2012 9:32pm
Yes, I ensured the DB is NOT out of space. I set to unresticated growth for both OperationsManager and OperationsManagerDW database, both for their DB file and log.
October 23rd, 2012 9:51pm
Try resetting the db owner on the operational database to an AD user that has OpsMgr Admin user role, and restart SQL. See if that helps.Jonathan Almquist
October 23rd, 2012 10:10pm
Yeah, you are right. I check the logins in SQL server and find the local-admin name of login is 'Administrator but not 'sysadmin'. I use 'sa' account delete the old account and created a new one. It can discover the servers normally. Many thanks!
October 23rd, 2012 10:26pm
No problem. Happy it works now. :)Jonathan Almquist
October 23rd, 2012 11:57pm