Event 2436 warning every 5 minutes
Hi I'm getting this warning every 5 minutes on my SBS2003 Event Type:WarningEvent Source:Windows SharePoint Services 3 SearchEvent Category:Gatherer Event ID:2436Date:17/01/2008Time:8:30:41 pmUser:N/AComputer:SERVER2Description:The start address <sts3://server2/contentdbid={f3e5abd6-0b26-4ab2-9af9-33737512daf6}> cannot be crawled. Context: Application 'Search index file on the search server', Catalog 'Search' Details:The object was not found. (0x80041201) Also get this error only on startup Event Type:ErrorEvent Source:Windows SharePoint Services 3Event Category:Database Event ID:3355Date:17/01/2008Time:10:58:51 amUser:N/AComputer:SERVER2Description:Cannot connect to SQL Server. np:\\.\pipe\MSSQL$Microsoft##SSEE\sql\query not found. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below. Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
January 17th, 2008 1:46pm

Hi to all I'm getting this warningeach time that try crawling: Event Type:WarningEvent Source:Office Server SearchEvent Category:Gatherer Event ID:2436Date:1/29/2008Time:1:21:33 AMUser:N/AComputer:MEDISPPIDX01Description:The start address <http://extranet.bibliotecas.org.co> cannot be crawled. Context: Application 'SSP_Bib', Catalog 'Portal_Content' Details:The object was not found. (0x80041201) For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Any idea???
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 29th, 2008 9:49am

Hi Tony Sorry havent got back to you sooner. Have never created any custom search rules. I do have what appears to be an extra web site in IIS (SharePoint - 80) that I dont recall creating. Default Web Site | port 80 Microsoft SharePoint Administration | port 3237 SharePoint Central Administration v3 | port 45263 SharePoint Central Administration | port 8081 SharePoint-3 | port 29150 SharePoint - 80 | port 80 (this is the same as Default Web Site, should I have this?) companyweb | port 80 WSUS Administration | port 8530 As for the Event Id 3355 error. Named pipes was disabled, bur enabling it has made no difference.
January 30th, 2008 6:17am

Hello Christie, One of your content databases is not connect to the indexer. To find which one, connect to you sql server and launch a query analyzer: Enter the following command: Select name from sharepoint_Config.dbo.objects where id ='f3e5abd6-0b26-4ab2-9af9-33737512daf6' So you have the explicit name of your content database. Then connect to you central admin console -> Application management -> content database Choose your relevant web application Once done click on content database link And in the search server drop down list select yours. For your 3355 error, try to activate both TP/Ip and named pipes. Regards, Noureddine
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 30th, 2008 10:52am

hi Noureddine,I'm getting event id 2436 warning every 5 minutes similar to Christine. I checked on my server with your query Select name from dbo.objects where id ='09b55ee7-b941-4cba-9c4f-751632f5ddd8' It only return one result: SharedServicesContent_9888d46c-da67-4e78-aebf-b8dd8fc912aeI went to admin console -> Application management -> content database but the database is started. Do you have o ther advise on how i can resolve this? hui Same here... I have tried unselecting and reselecting the index server for the indicated content database as Noureddine suggests. I have also installed the loopback check hot fix on my NDX and WFE's? I have been fighting this warning for days with no avail. I have also tried resetting all the search accounts by changing the content access and service accounts to the farm account and then back to my search accounts again. I have also tried using my Search service account as my ContentAccess account. Iam running MOSS standard on x64 servers configured using least privileged rules.Patched to June/July cumulative. SQL 08 on clustered hardware.2-WFE's on VMWare.Update... I fixed this issue today by using the same account I originally used to start the service as both the Service and Content Access accounts for the SharePoint Services Search Service Settings (Central Administration > Operations > Services on Server > Windows SharePoint Services Search Service Settings). The account I originally used for the initial starting of this service (MyShrPntSrhHpSvcAcct) is one that I had created for least privileged installation of the 'Help Search' service. The account looks identical in every way in SQL andon the application servers in comparison to my Search Service account (which I was attempting to use). I would assume, when the service is originally started, this account(MyShrPntSrhHpSvcAcct) is granted access to object referenced as:"The object was not found. (0x80041201)" in the error message. I only happened to notice this through back tracking my steps in my change log and noticed I tried changing this account early onwhile troubleshooting a different search error. I failed to change it back. Hope this note helps others to figure this one out.Event Type:WarningEvent Source:Windows SharePoint Services 3 SearchEvent Category:Gatherer Event ID:2436Date:10/22/2009Time:9:20:06 AMUser:N/AComputer:MyIndexServerDescription:The start address <sts3://MyIndexServer:82/contentdbid={c9da72bb-6ec9-4be4-a749-847f5a937553}> cannot be crawled. Context: Application 'Search index file on the search server', Catalog 'Search' Details:The object was not found. (0x80041201) For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
October 22nd, 2009 4:24pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics