Confiuration Manager Client Status - Having trouble Configuring
Here is the skinny of it.. Follwed the instructions after making sure all the prerequisites are met . the cofiguration application is Tossing this warning 2/5/2010 2:26:46 PM The ConfigMgr Client Status Reporting Service could not access the site database. Possible reasons: 1. The service could not access the ConfigMgr database using the current credentials. Ensure that the Client Status Reporting Service has "db_owner" Database Role membership on the ConfigMgr database. 2. The service could not access the ConfigMgr database. Verify that SQL server is accessible. 3. A SQL operation might have failed. Review any errors in CHService.log About 2 minutes later I get this in the chService.log file Invalid SQL error - A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) I have Made sure that the Service is assigned to a service administrative account and that the account has all the Roles assigned to in in SQL configuration manager. I have Made Sure Server Browsing is on and that Remote access to the DB is setup as well As per KB914277 I am at a loss at this point , anyone have any ideas what I may have missed.
February 5th, 2010 10:37pm
Please try to check following points: 1.) Please ensure firewall is disabled on SQL server and on all secondary sites. 2.) Check if SQL instance listening on a specific port. a.) On the SQL machine open the SQL Configuration manager. b.) Expand SQL Server 2005 Network Configuration/Protocols for <SQL_ASR> c.) Check properties on the TCP/IP protocol and go to the IP Addresses tab. d.) Expand IPAll and check port value for TCP Port. 3.) Disable Named Pipes Hope it helps.
February 8th, 2010 12:15pm
Nope , but It did Resolve an issue on another Server I was working on . So Thanks Man.
February 11th, 2010 11:15pm
Well This is what I did 1. I went back and looked at all my settings I noticed something I installed the default settings for SCCM installation so my Server/instance looks like <SERVERNAME>\MSSQLSERVER but in the setup for Client status I put in just <SERVERNAME> leaving the instance empty . I looked at the SQL Server Management Studio and expanded Databases and noted the name of my SCCM server database "SMS_XXX" I added that into the field and BAZZZZINGA!!! it worked. Speaking to Microsoft I did not know that when using the default instance you usually don't have to declare <SERVERNAME>\MSSQLSERVER and can just leave it blank (according to the very patient tech I spoke to to confirm my madness) The Rest was Easy, just had to make sure I had permissions set properly for the account I designated for Reporting Services and the rest was pie
February 11th, 2010 11:26pm