Currently we have different deployment packages and software update groups based on year, product, etc.
In the near future i'd like to rearange our software deployment process in configuration manager 2012:
1x Deployment Package for all updates
1x "Full" Software Update Groups with all updates in it. Additional to that we'll create a "Diff" Software Update Group at the Patchday and merge the updates later via edit membership in the "Full" Software Update Group.
Are the following steps which i would perform correct?
1. Select all updates which are deployed and not expired and not superseeded
2. Create a new Software Update Group "Full"
3. Select the new Software Update Group --> Download --> Create my new deployment package
4. Deploy the new software update group to my collections
5. Delete the obsolete software update groups / deployment package
6. Delete the old updates source folders on our filer.
I current don't know if the redownload process let the updates "forget" the old deployment package. With the above described steps i should get rid of all expired and superseeded updates.
Thanks for any advice :-)