Requesting urgent help-
I have tried many things but i have simply not been able to get Applocker deny rule to work on my local Windows 7 Professional machine.
Policy type - Path rule
Action - Deny
Tried - %SYSTEM32%\notepad.exe , notepad++'s installation path, office, etc. Tried folder and file path rule. Simply not working.
1) Application identity service auto start? - CHECK
2) Appid.sys running? - CHECK
3) Enforcement mode ON? - CHECK
4) GPUPDATE /FORCE, restart and wait for ~10 minutes? - CHECK
5) OS supported? - CHECK
6) Remove built in administrator rule removal? - CHECK
7) Remove all default Allow rules? - CHECK
8) Policy shows up in the registry? - CHECK (HKLM\software\...SRPV2\exe\)
Please help me get this work as it is very important to test if we can do a larger deployment.