Vista has been able to run within VMWare for quite some time now. We have been waiting for a version that will allow us to do it the other way around – run VMWare within Vista.
Our wish has been granted, and VMWare Beta 6 was released today. Here is a list of the new features:
* Support for Windows Vista – Use Windows Vista as host operating system
* Multiple monitor display – You can configure a VM to span multiple monitors, or multiple VMs to each display on separate monitors.
* Integrated Virtual Debugger – Workstation integrates with Visual Studio and Eclipse so you can deploy, run, and debug programs in a VM directly from your preferred IDE
* Automation APIs (VIX API 2.0) – You can write scripts and programs to automate VM testing
* Headless mode – You can run VMs in the background without the Workstation UI
It looks like the beta program has completed, and the latest version now supports Vista, and Windows 2008 with no problems. Here is the current download link: